It is important to understand the differences between different house washing methods. You will often hear the terms power washing and pressure washing interchangeably.
What is low-pressure cleaning?
Low-pressure house washing won’t cause damage to siding or paint. Professionals use a low setting for their powerful pressure washers. A special soft washing solution is used to lower the water pressure.
Low-pressure roof cleaning requires a moderate PSI pressure washer to clean rooftops. The typical power washer sprays water at between 1,300 to 2,800 PSI (pounds/square inch). Low-pressure washing uses less than 1,000 PSI. Low-pressure roof cleaning services require that the technician first clean the shingles and tiles with safe chemicals. The specialist will then rinse the roof with low pressure water.
Low-pressure house washers use a soft washing solution to clean exteriors of homes and businesses. These cleaning solutions are safe for the environment and can be safely used to clean exteriors of homes.
Low-Pressure Cleaning: Benefits
1. Protect your property.
Soft washing is done with a low pressure nozzle so that it does not damage tiles or shingle roofs. Soft washing is a great way to keep your fences and walls clean. Soft washing is also great for delicate surfaces such as pavers and lounge chairs in pools. It effectively removes mold, mildew, algae, and protects them.
2. Increased water flow
Low-pressure cleaning is almost twice as effective at reaching objects/surfaces than high-pressure cleaning (84% more). The amount of water that is applied to the surface/object reduces cleaning time significantly and speeds up the removal process. Increased flow results in a lower total water consumption.
3. Low-pressure house washing can clean your roof. Roof shingles are damaged by standard pressure washing. Low-pressure house washing, on the other hand, gently rinses your roof without damaging your roof. This allows you to clean your roof of any contaminants and protects it for many decades.
4. Avoid damage: Pressure washers can cause serious damage to homeowners’ homes. You can cause serious damage to your siding and other exterior parts of your house if you don’t use the right settings. Amateur pressure washers believe they can pressure wash all surfaces using standard settings, but they end up pushing water into the cracks in their homes. Low-pressure house washing is safe and will not cause damage to your exterior.
What is High Pressure Cleaning?
High-pressure water cleaning uses a combination of a motor, pressure pump and hoses, pipes and nozzles to generate the required water volume and velocity. This is the best solution for outdoor cleaning. These machines are indispensable and provide outstanding results without any effort on the part of the operator.
High-pressure water washing is the application of high-pressure water at a pressure of 5,000 to 10,000 PSI ( 34 to 70 MPa) to clean grime, loose paint and other stubborn dirt from tanks, buildings and vehicles.
The cleaning job’s requirements determine the amount and speed of the pressurized water. High-pressure water cleansing is an efficient and effective way to clean commercial, industrial and domestic areas.
Benefits of high-pressure cleaning
1. Use a cold water high-pressure washer to remove paint. It can remove paint and rust from any exterior surface from concrete to wood in a matter of minutes.
2. Machines, vehicles, and buildings can be cleaned daily with cold water high pressure cleaners. They are powerful and have a high flow rate. This is a great choice for large surfaces.
3. High-pressure should be reserved for extremely tough materials such as concrete or metal, and flat-work in general. High-pressure may be the best choice for concrete driveways or porches. High pressures can strip metal paint.
4. A high-pressure cleaning system has two main purposes. It creates an effective impact and minimizes water consumption. A high-pressure, high-volume system requires twice as much water to produce an effective effect than a low pressure system.
There is a difference between low-pressure and high-pressure cleaning
Home cleaning is best done with low pressure. High pressure does not necessarily mean it is useless. High pressure is best for concrete and other hard surfaces.
Low-pressure washing won’t have any effect on driveway concrete, but high pressure washing will get rid of all stains. Although high pressure sounds more efficient, walls are less resilient than concrete. Concrete can develop deep cracks. Concrete cracks can collect dirt and oil, which can be difficult to remove with high pressure. This problem is not present in materials that are used to build walls. Low pressure can easily remove even the most severe stains from wood and stucco walls.
Fine cracks on a tile roof’s surface can be caused by high pressure and may spread. The tiles’ outer surface protects them from any environmental damage. High pressure can cause this outer surface to wear down faster.
The high-pressure cleaning method can cause damage to the aluminum or steel roofs. Low-pressure cleaning is just as thorough, but does not cause additional damage.
Low-pressure washing can be described as pressure washing at a lower pressure. Do not let low pressure fool you. This service will be more beneficial than high-pressure washing, as it cleans most surfaces in your home. High pressures can cause damage to your home. Low-pressure services can actually prolong the life of your roof. Mold, dirt, and other debris don’t build up over time, and the low pressure water won’t cause damage to your roofing materials.